Sunday, January 1, 2012

hello 2012

Welcome to the new year!!  Last night we went to a party at my cousin Mike's house.  There were tons of people and it was so much fun to just be out.  We only ended up staying until about 9:45 because Samantha was just ready to crash.  I tried to get her to sleep there but it was just too noisy and not working out.  We came home and Samantha fell right asleep and slept until 11:59.45 when I woke her up to watch the ball drop. It was so funny, the poor girl was so exhausted her eyes kept closing and her head would flop forward and she'd sort of startle herself awake, give me a huge gummy grin and the process would repeat itself.  She was awake to see the ball drop though and she was my first kiss of the new year!!  I love my baby girl SO SO much.  We then went upstairs and cuddled off to sleep.

This morning we got up and headed to church.  I somehow convinced Chris to go to Lutheran church this week (we alternate churches every week) so that was nice.  We then came home and Chris and Samantha both took naps while I read.  This evening, and I can't believe I'm typing this...we went to 7-11 to get me a slurpee, wearing short sleeves...at 8 o'clock at night.  That's how warm it was!!  I'm still kind of in awe of how warm the weather has been this winter.  It will be interesting to see how the next few months pan out.  I'm really hoping Samantha will get to see her first snowfall before her first birthday!!

Finally, this year I decided to participate in Project 365, rather Project 366 since 2012 is a leap year.  It's doubtful that I'll post my picture here every day, but we'll see.  I will share picture one with you today though!

{1/366}

No comments: