Friday, October 4, 2013

Gem Crayons!

Today we went to Target with our BFF's to get a baby shower gift and spend some time out of the hot weather we've been having.  As we were browsing the craft section for supplies for next weeks Tot School I came across these crayon gems by Kid Made Modern.  I had seen them before but was a little off put by the $5.00 price tag.  Today however, they were on clearance for $2.49 so I knew I had to pick one up.

Right out of the box I noticed the crayon was HUGE!  It took up a significant portion of the 8.5x11 printer paper we had.

Samantha enjoyed trying out using her left hand to draw.  The gem is huge and easy to grip and since it doesn't require proper finger positioning to use, it was easy for her to draw using her non dominant hand.  (Also, not gonna lie, it made me happy to see what she would have looked like had she been a cool leftie like her momma!)

Even Zach wanted to get in on the action, though as a typical almost 10 month old, the crayon went straight to his mouth.  Thankfully, these crayons are completely non-toxic so I had nothing to worry about.




Samantha's completed masterpiece!


I checked out their website once we got home and it seems like they have a bunch of great products!  While most of the activities seem a little advanced for Samantha, I do see myself checking out the rest of the paints/crayons/pencils in the near future!!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Kid Made Modern is awesome! We love their stuff, and gem crayons!