Monday, October 7, 2013

The One Where We Play Hide and Seek!

A few months ago Chris decided to teach Samantha how to play hide and seek.  I was a little hesitant at first but Samantha absolutely loves playing so I've put my anxiety aside and have started to have fun with it.

Samantha's first (and second and third) spot to hide was under the dining room table.  It's so adorable when she plays because she goes to the same spot every.single.time!  She is finally getting to the point where she doesn't frantically wave and excitedly say "mommy mommy" the second I walk past her hiding spot and I'm actually able to take some time "looking" for her.

I had daddy help her pick a spot next.  Can you find her?!

Another cute part of hide and seek is when Samantha is the seeker.  She is great at covering her eyes and trying to count, but like I mentioned in a previous post, her numbers tend to get a little mixed up.  Normally her counting sounds a little something like this..2-3-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-8.  LOL!  Then she yells "HERE I COME!"  This time, I chose to hide on the stairs.  Now the problem with me hiding, is that Zach will inevitably find me and if I'm somewhere accessible, he will laugh and start playing with me.  If not, like was the case last night, he will stand and cry.  Either of these things almost always attract Samantha's attention and my hiding spot is given away all too quickly.  Oh well!

Hooray!  I found you!

After Samantha ran away to play again I was able to get a few cute smiles out of Zach!


I can't wait until he is big enough to really play with us too!

No comments: