Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I Did It!!! ....sort of

This morning as I stepped out of the shower, I realized my single pair of post pregnancy jeans that fit were downstairs in the laundry room.  I was in no mood to go to the basement in a towel since I knew Samantha and Zach would not be cool with being left alone upstairs and there was no way I was lugging them both down (and back up) two flights of stairs!!  Today was Samantha's "Toddler Time" class and we had an appointment for hand/foot impressions afterward so I knew I couldn't just compromise and dress in comfy clothes.  As I searched my room, I found one of my two favorite pairs of pre pregnancy jeans on top of my dresser and I told Samantha not to laugh as I pulled them on knowing I'd be lucky if they got past my knees. However, lo and behold, they actually went on...to my hips!   Now getting them buttoned was no easy feat, but I did it!  And they zipped up easily after that.  I cannot even tell you how excited I was!

After I got them on I went in the mirror to admire.  Well, I had quite the muffin top, but let me tell you, I DID NOT CARE!  I had on my favorite pair of pre pregnancy jeans!  I put on a nursing tank that somewhat smooshed in my stomach and threw on a shirt over it.  You could hardly notice the flab of skin hanging over the front haha.  So you know what I did?  Rather than be embarrassed by my pudge and excess fat that I'm still trying to rid myself of, I ROCKED those jeans.  I felt so happy today wearing my favorite pair of pants. And while I may not have looked "great" in them, the confidence they gave me was amazing!  I am going to keep going to the gym to kick off these extra pounds and get to the point where I can not only feel like a million bucks in them, but look like a million bucks too!

No comments: