Sunday, October 16, 2011

my poor baby


This is what Chris and I woke up to this morning!  Samantha has been sounding rattley at night for a few evenings now and yesterday I noticed the congestion during the day as well.  A slight runny nose, but nothing too bad.  Then today, I woke up and found her poor little nose just crusted in snot.  She was coughing a lot this morning and sounded terrible but thankfully has sounded better as the day has gone on.  Yesterday, I gave her a eucalyptus bath which she thoroughly enjoyed in hopes that it would help to break up some of her congestion.  Thankfully though, throughout all of this she has been her happy self...most of the time.  The rest of the time she just wants to be held and cuddled which is fine by me.  Now I have to worry about tomorrow though.  On Friday while eating a fruit roll up, a filling along what what I can assume was part of my tooth came out.  So now half of my back molar is just missing.  So tomorrow morning off I will go to the dentist, and then to babysit.  Here lies the problem...Samantha refuses to take a bottle.  I'm pretty sure I remember the dentist telling me that when I got my crown (I've needed it for over a year but I've just been putting it off) that I couldn't breastfeed and would need to pump and dump for a few hours.  So I'm kind of starting to freak out.  I was going to have Chris bring Samantha to me so that I could feed her.  (I have to babysit after the dentist appointment)  But now I'm not so sure.  Ugh, this is just so nerve wracking.  I am so worried that she will get dehydrated and I absolutely hate the fact of leaving my baby...especially when she is sick.  :-(  I miss her already and I haven't even left yet.

No comments: