Saturday, August 30, 2014

Hospital Bags

 
These past few days I've been working on getting my hospital bag all packed and ready to go.  With Samantha I never packed a hospital bag and ended up needing an emergency induction so I had to send Chris home to get all the stuff I needed.  While he did do a decent job, it stunk not having everything that I wanted with me.  With Zach, I packed most of my bag before hand just in case.  Turns out that was a good thing since I needed to be emergency induced with him as well.  Since I was induced for the same reason both times (very low fluid) I decided this time I'd be proactive and pack early.  Finally I think I am just about finished.  I do have a few last minute things that will go in the day of but I'm not too worried about it.
 
To start, I am using my All Pro Tote from 31 Gifts.  This bag is awesome and the perfect size to be a hospital bag.  It has an outside pocket, two inside mesh pockets, an inside regular pocket, a pocket for shoes, and a "tab" for jewelry.  Definitely room for everything we'll need.
 
For me I've packed (probably overpacked!)
  • two nursing tanks
  • two tops
  • two pairs of shorts
  • two pairs of pants
  • one skirt (for coming home)
  • two tank tops (for coming home)
  • toothbrush/paste/scraper/floss
  • hair brush
  • deodorant
  • body wash
  • body splash
  • lotion
  • shampoo/conditioner
  • razor
  • sandals
I'm pretty sure that's everything that I have in there for me!!!  I need to also pack some breast pads (though I don't recall ever needing them in the hospital but I suppose I'll pack some just in case) and I think I should be good.
 
For the baby I've packed (double each item since I've packed each list for both genders):
  • two sleepers
  • two outfits
  • one swaddle blanket
  • coming home outfit
  • bag of headbands
 
We've also got the Build-A-Bear set and ready to go.  This is Twinkle, named by Samantha.  Sam and Zach made it at Build-A-Bear for the new baby.  The left picture is Twinkle for baby boy and the right picture is Twinkle for baby girl.  In the girl picture Twinkle is also sporting a Disney princess shirt but Samantha's hug covers it up!  She is so excited for the doggy!  We also have small gifts for Samantha and Zach that will be from the baby.


I will have a list of things for Chris to pack in my backpack in the event of another emergency induction but hopefully that will be avoided and I can pack myself.  My backpack is usually my electronics bag and I'll probably have that bag with me in the labor and delivery room.  I haven't packed it yet since I am obviously still using everything.  It will include:
  • computer and charger
  • cell phone charger
  • book
We will also have the camera bag with associated chargers, extra battery, lenses, etc.  I am also planning on bringing my new My Breast Friend pillow.  I've always hated having to prop myself and the baby up with a million little hospital pillows so I'd like to give it a go with a nursing pillow in the hospital this time.  Hopefully it will make things a little bit easier!

I am fairly certain this is everything I plan to bring to the hospital with us.  Is there anything I'm forgetting?  What did you pack in your hospital bag?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that 'round' pillow you had with Sam and Zach was for helping support the baby when feeding. [At least that is what I have seen most folks use it for, in addition for when the baby starts sitting. How long you going to be in the hospital??- you have more packed than I do!!

Stephanie H. said...

The boppy is also a nursing pillow. I'd heard a lot of good things about the Breast Friend pillow being more supportive and it has a Velcro tab that goes around your back so supposedly it doesn't move around as much and require as much adjusting. I found it on one of those sale sites, I think Kids Woot, for $10 so I figure it couldn't hurt to try it.