Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pink or Blue?!


As our baby's arrival gets closer there is still one big question looming in the back of everyone's mind.  Or if you're like my neighbor, it's at the very front of your mind ready to get on my case at every available opportunity.  ;-)

Finally this past week I found coming home outfits for both a boy and a girl.  I feel so relieved to have it out of the way!  This will also be the outfit we use for the newborn pictures in the hospital.  I also purchased the Aden and Anais B Jeweled swaddle set to bring to the hospital with us.  I am still debating which two to bring along but at this point I am leaning towards the purple and the blue.


I will probably pack and old sleeper or two from Samantha and Zach so that we have other outfits available to use during our stay.  I also plan to purchase the "I was born at ______" shirt in the gift shop!  It's a tradition!

Back when I was pregnant with Samantha I knew I wanted to know what we were having.  She was our first baby and I wanted to plan plan plan.  Chris on the other hand was completely indifferent and didn't care either way about knowing.  I was glad we found out though and it was so fun collecting girl stuff and buying personalized items before she was born.  Again with Zach, I just had to know.  I was so excited going to his ultrasound and had a huge day of shopping planned afterwards.  We got clothes for him, made him a Build-A-Bear, and had fun planning.  However, after we found out Zach was a boy, I decided that for baby number 3, we were going to go team green and not find out.  I mean we already have one of each so why not?

The first half of the pregnancy was relatively easy.  Since I had had it set in my mind since finding out with Zach so many months before it wasn't even a question that I'd be tempted to find out at our 20 week ultrasound.  Then, at our 12 week ultrasound, we found out that our baby had a 1/40 chance for being born with Down syndrome.  I opted to take a non-invasive blood test that showed that our baby will not have Down syndrome.  The test was also able to tell us if we were having a boy or a girl!!  Thankfully, I was able to stop the nurse just before she gave me the results over the phone!  I didn't have much temptation at the 20 week ultrasound either.  However, as time has gone on, I'm getting more and more anxious.  Though not anxious enough to cheat and find out!  (We had the ultrasound tech print out the "money shot" at our 20 week ultrasound just so we have it.)  I have the envelope sitting on our kitchen counter and it's so fun to torment my friends with the knowledge that the info is RIGHT THERE and I refuse to look!!

At this point we have a little over 3 weeks until the due date and I feel like nothing at home is prepared.  I am still in the process of sorting through all of Samantha's outgrown clothing (and I still can't find the newborn bin!) and I then I can move on to Zach's clothes.  It's so overwhelming!!  Once I am done, I think I will wash a few outfits for each gender so we have enough to get through a few days at home and then once we return from the hospital I can wash the rest of the gender specific clothes.  Thankfully the clothes are really all there is to it.  The other items we need I don't care about being a certain color...I put Zach in Samantha's pink high chair and moses basket.  It's not a huge deal!!

While it's been fun, and made the end of pregnancy that much more exciting, I don't know that I could do it again.  Actually, I can say with 100% certainty that I will not do it again.  If we do have a 4th kid, and I'm really hoping we do, I want to be able to have things set and ready to go by the time baby arrives.  Plus, since a potential baby number 4 would for sure be our last I want to have time to prepare and get rid of baby stuff we don't need before I have to throw a newborn into the mix as well.  Just seems like it would make things so much easier!

For now though, I am enjoying not knowing and I can't wait to push this baby out and get the big "IT'S A ______" announcement throughout the delivery room!

No comments: