Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Exciting News!

Gosh, it's been a while again.  With good reason though!  Back in January, I ended up going to the ER for some extreme stomach pain.  The doctor was going to perform a CT scan, however we ended up finding out that we are expecting baby number 3!!  What a surprise!  I was hopeful that this would be the enjoyable relaxing pregnancy that I didn't get to have with Samantha and Zachary.  However, things haven't exactly worked out that way.  I started spotting early in the pregnancy, which thankfully turned out to be nothing. 

Then at our 12 week nuchal translucency scan we learned that our risk for having a baby with Down syndrome had jumped from over 1/600 to 1/40.  We opted to have a non-invasive blood test done, called the Panorama test.  It was an agonizing wait to get the results and I found myself running to the phone with every little beep to see if it was the perinatalogist calling with our results.  Thankfully when we got the results it was only good news.  Virtually no chance for Down syndrome as well as Trisomies 13 and 18.  The blood test was also able to reveal our baby's gender but we opted to not find out.

Due to the increased risk for Down syndrome the perinatalogist deemed me high risk and I have been having ultrasounds every four weeks for the pregnancy.  Thankfully things have been going well, though the baby is measuring a little big.  I'm not reading too much into it though, hopefully it won't be too big!!  Today I am 35 weeks and starting next week I will have weekly ultrasounds and BPP to check the baby since I had to be induced with both Sam and Zach due to low fluids.  I would love to be able to go into labor naturally this time, so we'll see.  I'm really glad they are keeping an eye on everything though.

I ended up in the ER again back in July after I randomly started spotting.  Thankfully they couldn't find anything wrong though.  I have had 3 other instances of spotting in the late 2nd/early 3rd trimester but everything is going great.  I just can't wait to meet our new baby and see if we have a little she or he in there!



I'll be back again tomorrow with some important news about my blog, which also plays a part in why I have taken such a long break!!  I'm glad to be back though.

No comments: