Thursday, January 23, 2014

Two Ingredient PlayDough!

The east coast has been "slammed" with snow this past week.  Seriously, there is like an inch in our front yard and school has been cancelled every day this week!!  We have been going stir crazy so today we decided to try out the two ingredient playdough recipe.  I'm beginning to think I should change this blog to all of my internet finding/pinterest fails because something as simple as 2 ingredient playdough was a mess for me, haha.

Here are the ingredients we started with.  I bought this stuff months ago meaning to try it and then we never did.  Then I saw the playdough making its rounds on all my friends blogs which reminded me that I had the stuff, so today was the day.  All you need is conditioner and corn starch.

The recipe is simple:
  • 1 part conditioner
  • 2 parts cornstarch
 
That's it!!  Depending on the type of conditioner you use, you may need to adjust the amounts of each ingredient, but this is a good starting point.
 

 


It took a while for me to find a good consistency.  What I found worked for me was to add too much conditioner so that it was extra gooey and then slowly add the corn starch until it got to the desired thickness.


I then made a second batch which was so much easier since I already knew how to make it to my liking.

Word of advice...don't give this dough to your 13 month old because he will probably try to eat it!!  He was very angry with me when I took it away!
 
 
This dough smells amazing, just from the conditioner, no additional scents added.   A lot of the blogs I've seen added food coloring as well, but I searched high and low and couldn't find any and had no motivation to go to the store.  Samantha had nothing against the plain dough and played with it for a long time!  We stored it in a plastic bag in the refrigerator so we'll see how long it keeps.  This dough was a huge hit and I can see it being a regular here.


No comments: