Saturday, January 18, 2014

Score 1 for Mommy...I think....

One thing I dislike about short style hair cuts is how dang often you have to cut them.  Paying $20+tip every six weeks to go to the barber is just crazy.  (Or maybe Cartoon Cuts is just expensive and regular barbers are cheaper?  I don't know!)  Anyways, I'd noticed the past few days that Zach's hair was starting to get out of control.  He'd have some serious bed head going on he was just starting to look silly.

Look at all that extra hair!  Especially the sides...ahhh that silly side hair was sticking out ALL the time and driving me crazy.  So I woke up this morning and decided that I was going to give Zach a haircut myself.  Now I've cut Chris's hair in the past so I'm not a complete newbie, but I've never cut a child's hair before so I was just a little bit nervous.  Thankfully Zach was fantastic and just sat there perfectly while I cut his hair.  When he was finished I gave him a bath to wash off all the excess hair and then reassessed my job.

Not terrible!  As the day went on though, I was noticing more and more straggly long hairs.  I decided that I was going to make a second attempt and back to the chair we went.
 
 
Much better!!  He looks SO cute, and I think I did a pretty decent job for a first attempt.  Hopefully I'll get better with practice and he won't have to spend so much time under the buzzers.  Thankfully though, he was a fan and didn't give me trouble so I'm not too worried!  Now, Samantha and I are placing bets as to whether or not Daddy will notice his new 'do once he gets home.  ;-)

No comments: