Thursday, November 14, 2013

Handprints (and footprints!) are the Way to my Heart!


For as long as I can remember, handprint and footprint crafts have been one of my favorite things.  I did this a ton when I nannied and knew I would do it with my own kids as well.  I have always wanted to do clay impressions of the kids as I think they are so beautiful and a great keepsake to have.  Chris has gone out of his way to help make this happen, but it's never turned out how I wanted.  If at all!  We bought baby books when Samantha was born but the hospital only had "special ink" that was clear so it wouldn't work in our book.  Did we ever get those prints once we got home?  Of course not!  We got a picture frame that came with the ink.  Did we do that?  Again, no!  When Samantha was a few months old I went with my sister-in-law to a local pottery painting place and made a gorgeous plate with Samantha's perfect footprint on it.  On my last trip to Chicago, Chris knocked it off the wall and shattered it into a million pieces.  (And didn't tell me about it, but left it sitting on the shelf for me to find once I returned!!)  For Christmas, he bought me canvases and those sit untouched in the basement.  I was starting to feel like I would never get my prized prints.


A few months ago I learned that a mom in our playgroup has her own business Tiny Prints and Paws that she co-runs with her friend. Then, I knew it was time to call in the big guns!  They were doing an open house and I jumped at the opportunity to finally get the plates I had so long been wanting.  We went to their house and did the impressions and had SO much fun.  Samantha talked about doing handprints for weeks after.  I think she would have done them all day if we'd let her.  I had tons of colors to choose from which for me was super difficult but we finally got our plates back this week and I couldn't be any happier with my choices. Simply put, they are stunning!!

When I ordered they had a special deal going where you got 2 free ornaments for each plate ordered.  I decided to get each child their own plate so that they could hang them in their rooms.  I chose a bright turquoise blue for Zach which I absolutely love.

For Samantha, I chose a light speckled pink.  I wasn't sure about this one at first, but on the completed plate, it's awesome!


I chose a few different colors for the ornaments and I completely happy with all of them!




I am so happy I purchased these keepsakes and I definitely plan on coming back for more.  Once we are finished having kids, I would LOVE to have a sibling plate made with all of their prints.  With many different styles and colors to choose from, there is something for everyone.  I think for my sibling plate, I will chose their two tone design.  The background is white and each child can pick their favorite color for their handprint and name!

For the month of November, Tiny Prints and Paws is offering 1 free ornament with the purchase of any other item (classic & sibling plates, ornaments).  Order now and they will be here in time for Christmas!

In addition, this Sunday Tiny Prints and Paws is pairing with Cedar Box Photography for an awesome event. Cedar Box is offering 15 minute mini sessions for $20!!  Within two weeks you will receive 2-5 images on a disk with complete rights to the files!  Tiny Prints and Paws will be on site to do impressions that will be here for Christmas!  What a great deal.  You can find Tiny Prints and Paws on facebook and message them for all the details including available times and location.

If you are a parent in the Northern Virginia area, Tiny Prints and Paws is a must do!!

No comments: