Wednesday, November 2, 2011

7 months!


Today Samantha is 7 months old!!  Where has the time gone?!  These days she is much more interested in eating the sign and playing with Sunny than she is in posing for the camera.  I have a feeling our monthly photos are only going to go downhill from here.  Oh well!  Thanks to Lindsay over at You Are The Roots, I have a much better idea for baby number 2's monthly pictures.

Since last month Samantha has definitely filled out.  She was 13 pounds 4 ounces (I think!) at her 6 month check up.  I don't trust the scale at our house since she weighed 14 pounds when I weighed her the morning of her appointment, so I won't have an accurate weight until her 9 month check up in January.  But she's definitely gained weight.  I think she's gotten taller as well.  She also is starting to get some chunk on her!!  She used to be such a skinny minnie, but now, she's getting some rolls!  It's so cute.

The day before Samantha turned 6 months she started sitting up on her own.  This shocked me since we had just started working on unassisted tripod sitting so I was expecting her to do that for a while and then gradually master completely sitting up.  But nope, she just popped right up and that was that.  There was none of that "I need to surround her with pillows" stage, no falling over, she just got it.  So weird!!  She is doing better with grabbing toys and foods. (Well baby mum mums are the only thing that she feeds to herself, but she's good at it!)  No crawling yet, but she does scoot backwards and when she is sitting up she loves to rock and bounce.  I'm waiting for the day she rocks forward too far and face plants right into the floor.  She gets really into it!!

As for eating, she is still mostly exclusively breast fed.  I do offer solids every once in a while but not very regularly.  Probably this month we will get into some sort of routine.  So far we have tried pears, apples, and sweet potatoes.  She's liked them all, but I think sweet potatoes are her favorite.  Next, I think I'll try squash.  So far, I have been making my own baby food with the Baby Bullet which has been awesome.  Definitely a worth while purchase.

My goals for month 7 include starting to sign regularly with her, introducing more solids and a solids routine, and doing more tummy time and encouraging her to crawl.

No comments: