Friday, April 29, 2016

The Month of Never Ending Sickness

I am so sorry I have abandoned you all!  The last 3 weeks have been so, so rough.  Eliza got sick a little over three weeks ago and the illness slowly spread through the household and just never seemed to leave.  Eliza was sick, then Zach got sick, then Samantha got sick, then I got sick, then Chris got sick.  Then Eliza got sick again...rinse, recycle, repeat.  Ugh!!  After 2 weeks I finally gave in and took Eliza to the doctor because she suddenly started running a 100-102 fever every night.  Turns out, she has her first ear infection.  Poor girl!  They put her on amoxicillin, which is like the holy grail of all medicines.  Who doesn't like bubble gum?!  Apparently Eliza.  We have had a heck of a time getting her to take the 4.5 mL's twice a day.  The first 6 days we're lucky if she took half the medicine, even 1/4 of the medicine was good.  I was finally ready to give up and get her back to the doctor since we had tried everything.  Finally I sat her down and had a rational conversation with her.  Told her if she didn't take her medicine she would have to go back to the doctor and get even more medicine and that it wouldn't be fun.  And do you know what happened?  The little stinker took ALL of her medicine.  19 months old and we just had to treat her like a grown up haha.  Since then, as long as we explain that she has to take her medicine so she doesn't have to go back to the doctor, she does great!

I finally think everyone is on the mend. Samantha is only periodically coughing at night, Zach isn't coughing at all, Chris and I have been fine since the first round, and Eliza just needs to get her appetite back.  We are headed to the beach on Sunday and I'm hoping the fresh air will be just the thing we need to kick it to the curb for good.  Once I get back into the swing of things I have some awesome reviews to post on here.  I'm really quite excited about them and can't wait to show you all the fun products we've been playing with.

No comments: