Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter


As the day comes to a close, I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter!  Although it was cloudy and sprinkly today, we still had a wonderful day full of food, family, and Jesus.  The kids woke up early today eager to open their Easter baskets so I was able to sneak downstairs and get some pictures of them coming down and seeing them spot their things for the first time.  It was adorable and they were so excited.





After opening baskets we had a nice breakfast and then headed off to church.  Church, of course, was a beautiful service and gave me chills as it always does.  Easter hymns are so uplifting and amazing and definitely my favorite songs of the year.  I was super excited to get some nice photos of the kids after church since our church has a giant cross at the front that everyone processes in and places flowers on.  Unfortunately, I was disappointed when we walked in and the cross wasn't there.  I found out afterwards that it was something the last pastor did and since we have *yet another* temporary pastor now, they didn't do it.  I said I hope they bring it back next year, so fingers crossed!  I was still able to get some okay pictures of them, even though getting them all to look at the camera at once was next to impossible.



Once we got home I attempted some more group shots which were pretty much equally catastrophic.  The pastor handed out chocolate crosses during the children's sermon and they handed out M&M's after church and I wouldn't let them hold the candy for the pictures and Eliza was NOT having that.  It made for some pretty funny pictures.




After that episode we got ready for dinner with our amazing cousins!!  I didn't get any pictures of all the kids together but they had a great time playing together and it was so nice to spend part of the day with family.  They brought over an AMAZING chocolate cake and cheesecake and my diet was completely shot for the day, but oh so totally worth it.  Seriously delicious!  She also brought some pretty flowers for the table!  Once they left, we blew bubbles outside, had our Easter egg hunt and movie night with The Good Dinosaur and then it was off to bed for everyone.  I am so thankful Chris had the day off and we got to spend it as a family.  We are so blessed!

Eternal is the gift He brings,
Therefore our heart with rapture sings:
"Christ has triumphed! He is living!"
Now still He comes to give us life
And by His presence stills all strife.
Christ has triumphed! He is living!
Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia!

No comments: