Sunday, December 1, 2013

We Got an Elf!!

This week an elf came to visit our house!!  Samantha was SO excited when she first found him.  Zachary, of course, had no idea what was going on.  I had waited until now to adopt an elf because I wanted Samantha to be old enough to sort of understand it and come up with a name of her own.  Unfortunately, at 2.5, she still isn't quite at that point.  Her top two names were Ho Ho and Pencil.  My votes were for Tinsel or Elfis but she could not be convinced.  Sooooo, we've adopted Ho Ho into our family!

Ho Ho was sitting near the stairs to the basement on the first morning.  Samantha walks this way when she wakes up so I knew she would spot him.  I swear I took a picture of Samantha finding him but there isn't one on my camera, so I must have imagined it.

That first night, Samantha and I snuggled up on the couch to read Ho Ho's book before bed.  As you can see, we weren't successful in keeping Samantha from touching our elf.  She was good at pointing and saying "noooo touching" but it didn't last very long.  Oh well!

On our second morning, Samantha found Ho Ho swinging from our dining room chandelier.  She thought this one was super funny.

And finally, this morning, Ho Ho came with a special surprise.  It's a replica of his house in the North Pole! The kids have been loving this toy this morning, though they've been fighting over it quite a bit!

Even Zachary got a hold of Ho Ho.




I can't wait to see what else Ho Ho has planned for us this month!!

No comments: