Saturday, September 6, 2014

38w4d

Today marks 38w4d of pregnancy.  On this day in my pregnancy history, Zachary was born!!  Hard to believe that at this point in Zach's pregnancy, I had a baby in my arms.  As with Samantha, Zachary had a dangerously low amount of amniotic fluid and I had to be induced.  The induction started around 4:00pm (I really don't remember, but it was late afternoon) so last night as I was laying down trying to fall asleep all I could think about was being in labor and the excitement of welcoming a new baby into our family.  It's making me really excited to go through the process again!  I am not looking forward to the pain, but a healthy baby in the end makes it totally worth it! 

Although I am feeling "done", I'm still having trouble processing that in a few days or weeks our baby will be here.  I know I've said it a million times but this has seriously been the fastest pregnancy ever.  I don't know where this year has gone!  I have been trying to enjoy it to the fullest because as much as I would absolutely love to have a fourth baby, I don't know if I'll be able to get Chris on board.  For as long as I can remember I have always wanted a big family.  When we first got married it started out with wanting 5 kids, but I abandoned that thought A LONG time ago!!  Definitely don't want that many but I would love to have 4 though!  I guess we will see what the future holds.

At this point in time, I am feeling somewhat conflicted with going into labor.  I have never gone into labor on my own before so part of me doubts that my body can even do it, which I'm sure is not the case!  I feel like everyone has their own opinion on what you can do to jump start the process and well, I can't deny the fact that I have been thinking about trying some of them.  I'm in the mindset that if my body is not ready I can try all the things I want and they just won't work.  Today I was all set to do some exercising and got my WiiU Fit all set up, then I started playing and Zach decided to push every button on the TV he could.  So unfortunately that didn't go over too well.  (Right now the XBOX 360 is turned on and Zach is nowhere in sight!  Speaking of XBOX, maybe Just Dance would be a better way to get me moving, that one really gets me sweating.)  I may attempt it again tonight after the kids are in bed!   At this point in time, I think that's about as far as I want to go with a "natural induction".  Well there is one other thing I'm willing to try, but I'm not going to mention that here.  :-P  All I know is that the only one I refuse to try is drinking castor oil.  No thank you!  Hopefully the baby will decide to come on his/her own terms and I won't even have to think about doing other things to jump start the process!

Have you tried any natural induction methods?  Did they work?

No comments: